Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
April Rains Bring Backed Up Drains!
It’s that time of year again where “April Showers Bring May Flowers”. Well in our Industry it’s more like “Heavy Rains Will Clog More Drains”! Unfortunately, there are some things in those drains that you may want to stay buried.
Backed up drains can result in some big surprises. One big surprise you definitely wouldn’t want to receive is a sewage backup. This kind of damage differs from a regular water damage since this water contains viruses, bacteria, and other microorganisms. With so many risk factors associated with this type of emergency, you can rest assured that the professionals at SERVPRO of Fall River are trained specifically in dealing with all of the different types of contaminated water. Along with our training, we also make sure they have the equipment and protective gear they need to safely restore your home.
With our 24/7 emergency service, we’re available to deal with this kind of situation no matter what the time may be. If rains and drains are causing your home to have pains, call us at SERVPRO of Fall River and we’ll make it “Like it never even happened.”
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (508) 676-9100
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.